Thursday 8 November 2012

A decision and a dream

In October 2011 I made a decision. I was feeling exhausted, crushed and jaded by my job, which had always been far more than a job in time and energy. So I resigned. And I thought to myself: where do I want to be in January when I don't have to return to work? I knew the answer at once. I wanted to be here:


and to wake up with these views from my window:




and to sip a hasty espresso before studing each morning here:


before taking the afternoon to gaze at the wonder of it all:


and then to return each evening to this:


before finally nodding off to sleep with this haunting my dreams:


And I know how very, very lucky I was that this dream was able to come true. I came back replenished by the beauty and serenity of Venice in January, feeling like I was alive and blossoming again.

I want to say thank you to Alice and the commenters on ...the sight of morning... whose posts and comments I have been reading for a long time now. You make the world a better place.



No comments: