Friday 4 January 2013

Commute

A year ago this was my commute:






Each day for a month I went over to the main part of Venice in a vaporetto, walked along two calles, through a campo and crossed three canals. I spent each morning at the wonderful language school in the last photo, being taught by interesting teachers and spending time with classmates, some of whom became friends. Recently, I looked through my diary of that month and have been reminded once again of what an incredible time it was. I was lucky enough to be able to take a leap into the unknown and I landed somewhere extraordinary.










2 comments:

colleen said...

I've just been reading (yet) another Donna Leon set in Venice and been thinking how lovely it would be to be there but not as a tourist. eWnderful.

Kitty said...

I love Donna Leon - only discovered her books after I'd been and I've really enjoyed seeing Venice again through the books.