Sunday 2 December 2012

First Sunday of the Month

On the first Sunday of the month, before our Quaker Meeting for Worship, a small group of us gather upstairs for an hour of a guided meditation and sharing called Experiment with Light. We meet in a small room with windows looking out at the wood behind the Meeting House.






It is the second Experiment with Light group I have belonged to and in both groups I have felt such honesty, trust, support and care.

After the meditation has finished we have a few further minutes of quiet before people start to share, if they wish, what arose for them. I always feel so blessed to be able to sit quietly in this beautiful, simple room, with the light falling through the diamond-paned windows onto the white walls and dark bookshelves, and the sight of the trees outside.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kitty,

I just wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and for the lovely comments you left there. I've not been blogging for a while and it was so wonderful to get such lovely comments welcoming me back.

Your Experiment with Light sounds like such a peace-filled experience and you describe it so beautifully.
Helen

Kitty said...

Thank you, Helen. I'm very glad you're back!