Monday 10 December 2012

Moons

This morning as my partner and I left for work in the dark there was the most beautiful sliver of a crescent moon. It was big and bright in the sky. I don't have a photo of it, but I was reminded of two lovely moons in Venice almost a year ago. I saw the crescent moon beneath the crane near the Accademia at the end of my first week there, and the full moon across the Giudecca canal just before I returned to London at the end of the month. Such still, cold and beautiful winter moons.












2 comments:

Annie Cholewa said...

What lovely images!

I was amazed by how dark it was last night until I realised there was hardly any moon at all. Out here in the country I often rely on moonlight when letting the dogs out at night.

Kitty said...

Thanks, Annie. I grew up in the countryside and whenever I visit my parents I look up at the night sky to spot the few constellations I know - a real pleasure of living in the country.