Monday 31 December 2012

New Year's Eve

It's New Year's Eve, the last day of the old year.

2012 ended with eating (including Florentines, thanks to Sue's recipe),


drinking and making merry with family and friends. The making merry was full of muddy walks and games.



I have made many changes in 2012. My work now takes up less of my time and has greater variety. I travelled to and lived for a little while in a different beautiful city. I started making art works and writing. I have continued to try to live more in the moment and cherish the moments of serenity, joy and even the pain that brings as it means I am learning to bear even the difficult feelings that are part of life. I have made new friends and seen more of old ones and shared in the things that are important to them. I spent time with my godson. I went on holiday with my precious brother. And, for the first time, we grew an apple and tomatoes.


Yesterday, as we walked through London, I saw this winter blossom growing in a graveyard. It will see us through the grey skies of winter and into the new days of 2013.









4 comments:

Down by the sea said...

Wishing you a Happy New Year. Your Florentines look delicious. How nice to see the first signs of the new gardening year.
Sarah x

Kitty said...

Thanks, Sarah. Very best wishes for you and your family for the New Year too. I'm keeping my eyes open for blossom and saw some lovely yellow gorse yesterday. x

Annie Cholewa said...

I'll echo what you said about the blossom!

Here's wishing you and yours a great 2013 x

Kitty said...

Thanks, Annie! I've just started knitting my first ever item of clothing (up till now I've done lots of blanket squares) - a double moss stitch snood which I'm really enjoying. Happy New Year to you too!